Mwanzo Terms and conditions
Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions
By using the Mwanzo website you agree to comply with all the applicable laws and refrain from infringing any third party rights or interests (for example; privacy and intellectual property rights). You must also agree that you will not willingfully submit inaccurate, defamatory or offensive content on the platform. In addition, the following policies are part of this agreement and must be followed when you access this platform.
You are not required to pay anything to be a member of Mwanzo however, you may be required to pay for access to certain services on the platform such as when enrolling for a course under up-skill with Mwanzo.
The Mwanzo membership platform is owned and controlled by Nailab.
c. Who can create an account on the platform
For you to create an account on the platform you need to meet the following criteria:
- Must be legally an adult according to the laws of Kenya ie: Above 18 years of age
- Must be someone with an entrepreneurship mindset ie;
- An entrepreneur with an existing business or someone with a business idea that you want to build into a business.
- A student in a recognized university/college with an interest in entrepreneurship
d. How to become a member of Mwanzo?
To be a member of Mwanzo platform, you will need to:
- Create a personal profile through the Mwanzo membership portal
The Nailab team may collect personal information from the participants during signup. This information will include, but is not limited to:
Creating a personal profile
- Founders Name
- Founders Phone number
- Age group
- Location: Country and City
- Date of birth
- Level of Education and;
- A brief bio of the founders
Creating a company profile
- Company Name,
- Company description
- Your role in the company
- The sector you operate in
- HQ - Location
- Registered? - Yes/No
- Registered Date - Year/month
- Operating status
- Company Contact email
- Creating a personal profile
e. Rules of engagement
Our mission is to link entrepreneurs with the right opportunities and knowledge for growth; The Mwanzo platform allows entrepreneurs to:
- Post a question and answer a question; The platform allows you to post a question and other members can give their insights about your question/comment, either factually or in the form of opinions, members can also upvote your question.
- Make an offer; Share your business offering with other members on the platform to promote B2B and get feedback on progress.
- The admin from Mwanzo will also share opportunities on the platform where interested members can register.
- You are responsible for the content you post; This means that you need to ensure that your content does not violate the legal rights of another party on the platform (for example defamation or any applicable laws highlighted on the Kenya Data Protection Law) Negative comments about other members on the platform may lead to expulsion or termination
- Honor your commitments; applicable to both the client and service providers in the case of business transaction on the platform.
f. Payment terms
Joining the Mwanzo platform is free of charge however you are required to pay to access certain services on the website such as enrolling for a course under up-skill with Mwanzo. All payments should be made through this paybill 921290 or you can contact Nailab directly via [email protected] and request for a bank account to send your payment.
g. Passwords and account access
The person who created the Mwanzo membership account has access and control over the membership account and is responsible for any activity that occurs through the account. To maintain control over the account and to prevent anyone from accessing the account (which would include personal and/or company information), the Account Owner should maintain control over the account and not reveal the password to anyone. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account. We can terminate your account or place your account on hold in order to protect you from identity theft or other fraudulent activity.
h. Confidentiality/ Data protection
Mwanzo agrees to keep any and all confidential information that is obtained about the member strictly confidential. “Confidential Information” means any information or matter concerning the business, finances, technology, or affairs of the member which are not in the public domain. Mwanzo respects your right to privacy. We put in place security measures for your personal data and manage your personal data in accordance with applicable data privacy regulations.
We may terminate or suspend access to our service immediately, without prior notice or liability for the following reasons but not limited to:
- When a member is disrespectful and shares abusive content to another party on the platform or any of the Mwanzo forums eg., during our bi-monthly webinars.
- A member fails to comply with the terms and conditions highlighted.
Mwanzo will occasionally make changes and corrections to this terms and conditions policy. If we believe that the changes are material, we’ll let you know by doing one (or more) of the following: (1) posting the changes on this site, or (2) sending you an email or message about the changes. We will also give you the opportunity to consent to these material changes. Changes will be effective upon the posting of the changes and your acceptance of the changes, which may be through your continued use of the site after the changes take effect.
k. Contact us
If you have any questions about the terms and conditions you can contact us by visiting our offices; 4th floor, Bishop Magua center, George Padmore lane, Ngong road or send as an email through [email protected] or call us on: 0790492467