Terms and conditions
Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions
By using this platform you agree to comply with all the applicable laws and refrain from infringing any third party rights or interests (for example; privacy and intellectual property rights). You must also agree that you will not willingfully submit inaccurate, defamatory or offensive content on the platform. In addition, the following policies are part of this agreement and must be followed when you access this platform.
We offer 3 membership plans; Corporate, Bronze and Student. Some membership plans may have differing conditions and limitations, which will be disclosed at your sign-up or in other communications made available to you. You can find specific details regarding your membership by visiting our website: http://www.nailab.co/
The Mwanzo membership platform is owned and controlled by Nailab.
c. Who can create an account on the platform
For you to create an account on the platform you need to meet the following criteria:
- Must be legally an adult according to the laws of Kenya ie: Above 18 years of age
- An entrepreneur with an existing business and/or
- A student in a recognized university/college with an interest in entrepreneurship
d. How to become a member of Mwanzo
To be a member of Mwanzo platform, you will need to:
- Create a personal profile through the Mwanzo membership portal
The Nailab team may collect personal information from the participants during signup. This information will include, but is not limited to:
Creating a personal profile
- Founders Name
- Founders Phone number
- Age group
- Location: Country and City
- Date of birth
- Education: Undergraduate, Graduate and postgraduate
Creating a company profile
- Company Name,
- HQ - Location
- Registered? - Yes/No
- Registered Date - Year/month
- Employees - Number
- Founders - Invite by name and email
- Operating status - Alive/Closed/Schelved
- Company Contact email
- Creating a personal profile
e. Rules of engagement
Our mission is to grow through knowledge and opportunity;
The Mwanzo platform allows entrepreneurs to:
- Post a question and answer a question; The platform allows you to post a question and other members can give their insights about your question/comment, either factually or in the form of opinions, members can also upvote your question. Engagement on your post earns you merits.
- Share opportunities; Every member is supposed to share an opportunity with other members on the platform at least once a week as a way of promoting B2B. (For every opportunity posted put 2 call to action buttons for either; Bid for this opportunity or Get in touch for more information)
- Make an offer; Share your business offering with other members on the platform.
- The admin from the Nailab team will also share opportunities on the platform where interested members can register
- You are responsible for the content you post; This means that you need to ensure that your content does not violate the legal rights of another party on the platform (for example defamation or any applicable laws highlighted on the Kenya Data Protection Law) Negative comments about other members on the platform may lead to expulsion or termination
- Honor your commitments; applicable to both the client and service providers in the case of business transaction on the platform
Random dates with a well established entrepreneur in the continent; Every week the top 10 members with the highest ranking in merits will have the opportunity to have a top level lunch with an established entrepreneur. The merits will be gained through;
- Number of posts
- Number of interactions your posts gets ie; Number of good answers, number of upvotes
- When your answer is accepted as the right answer, whenever you comment on someone's post/question
- Number of shared opportunities
- Links for referrals shared
*The lunches will be randomly generated on the platform through a matchmaking button once a week.
*The selected entrepreneur needs to have prepared a list of questions that will be addressed during the lunch date prior to the date.
- Startup milestones will be acknowledged and celebrated on the platform
f. Payment terms
- Joining fees: First month membership fees will be collected from you as you sign up, it is part of the sign up process, funds are not refundable under any circumstances
- Payment: All payments including renewal of the subscription will be made through M-pesa paybill number 921290, funds are non refundable
- Subscription renewal: The length of your billing cycle will depend on the type of subscription that you chose when you sign-up for the service ie; Monthly, Semi annually and Annually. For instance if you choose the monthly payment option; You will renew your subscription at the exact date of your signup date the following month. In some cases your payment date may change, for example if your Payment Method has not successfully settled or if your paid membership began on a day not contained in a given month. You will receive a notification 5 days to the subscription expiry to remind you to renew your subscription
- Upgrade membership: If you wish to upgrade your membership contact the admin on [email protected]
g. Passwords and account access
The person who created the Mwanzo membership account and whose payment method is charged (the "Account Owner") has access and control over the membership account and is responsible for any activity that occurs through the account. To maintain control over the account and to prevent anyone from accessing the account (which would include personal and/or company information), the Account Owner should maintain control over the account and not reveal the password or details of the Payment Method associated with the account to anyone. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account. We can terminate your account or place your account on hold in order to protect you, Nailab or our partners from identity theft or other fraudulent activity.
h. Confidentiality/ Data protection
Nailab agrees to keep any and all confidential information that is obtained about the member strictly confidential. “Confidential Information” means any information or matter concerning the business, finances, technology, or affairs of the member which are not in the public domain. Nailab respects your right to privacy. We put in place security measures for your personal data and manage your personal data in accordance with applicable data privacy regulations.
We may terminate or suspend access to our service immediately, without prior notice or liability for the following reasons but not limited to:
- A member fails to renew their subscription for 3 months consecutively despite numerous reminders
- A member fails to comply with the terms and conditions highlighted
Nailab will occasionally make changes and corrections to this terms and conditions policy. If we believe that the changes are material, we’ll let you know by doing one (or more) of the following: (1) posting the changes on this site, or (2) sending you an email or message about the changes. We will also give you the opportunity to consent to these material changes. Changes will be effective upon the posting of the changes and your acceptance of the changes, which may be through your continued use of the site after the changes take effect.
k. Contact us
If you have any questions about the terms and conditions you can contact us by visiting our offices; 4th floor, Bishop Magua center, George Padmore lane, Ngong road or send as an email through [email protected] or call us on: 0790492467